"...a Chessmaster should be a combination of a beast of prey and a monk."

Friday, August 4, 2017

Chess Blogging

It has been about a year and half since I posted to this blog. Basically, I kind of gave up on blogging.

I think blogging takes some effort and I didn't seem to be willing to put in much effort into the blog.

There's a question in my mind about the worth of blogging. Part of me feels that when I spend time blogging that is time I could be spending on chess. I also sometimes feel that when I talk or write about something it gets less likely that I will follow through instead of more likely. So blogging seemed a bit like it was talking instead of doing.

On the other hand, I feel it is nice to have a place to post some of my games and interesting stuff that I come across.

So, tentatively I am starting the blog up again. Hopefully if I can put a better effort into posts and focus on things actually accomplished I will feel better about it.  We'll just have to see how it goes.



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I think it's like blitz - to pick up on the theme of your last post - if blogging (or blitz) is all you do and is your main focus in chess study, I don't think it helps much to build up your strength in the long term. If it complements your other training and playing initiatives, however, then great.

    There's also a lot of examples of how journaling - blogging is one method - assists the improvement process, by creating time for reflection and providing some regular, repeated structure as a habit-forming activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I really look to your blog as an example of how good an improvers chess blog can be.

      Delete