"...a Chessmaster should be a combination of a beast of prey and a monk."

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Second try with Aquarium

Here's another attempt to use the Aquarium 2012 generated HTML. This time I am using the "ibook html for blog". I tried this before and it didn't work but I seem to have figured out why. Aquarium provides two things that you have to copy and paste. The first is something called style sheets. Basically blogger provides a way to add syle sheets to the blog without actually editing the HTML of the page. This didn't end up working for me though. What I did this time was I went ahead and just added the style sheets right before the "end head" tag in the actual HTML of the page. This is the same place I added some code for the java viewer in a previous post.

Anyway, here is the result. The board looks nicer and the square's color shows even with pieces on it. There are some nice replay buttons beneath. One problem is that when you make the first move, a yellow dot appears on the e2 square and won't go away. Another small problem is that rotating the board doesn't rotate the coordinates. Also the tool tip for the "flip board" button is in Russian. Not a huge deal. Some other nice things are that it doesn't require java or flash so it works quite easily even on an ipad. The big advantage of this is of course that I can edit the game or line in Aquarium which is the most natural place for it and then can easily transfer that to the blog with only a few clicks.

me - ck enthusiast

[...] 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.♘c3 dxe4 4.♘xe4 ♗f5 5.♘g3 ♗g6 6.h4 h6 7.♘f3 ♘d7 8.h5 ♗h7 9.♗d3 ♗xd3 10.♕xd3 e6


Just a bit of writing beneath the diagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment