"...a Chessmaster should be a combination of a beast of prey and a monk."

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Diagram

I'm gonna try and liven it up a bit with some diagrams at least.  This is generated with Aquarium.  The only real drawback here seems to be that the pieces white out the square color which is annoying, but better than nothing.  I know there are various resources for this kind of thing so I may take a look into that for the future.

Here's a position I referenced in my last post. 


 -->
A B C D E F G H
8 8
7 7
6 6
5 5
4 4
3 3
2 2
1 1
A B C D E F G H

? - ?
*, ?.
[#] 1.e4 e6 2.d3 d5 3.Nd2 c5 4.Ngf3 Nc6 5.g3 d4 [*]
Basically, it's a pretty non-standard response to the KIA and last time I continued normal KIA development with 6. Bg2 and he played 6...e5.  I wasn't very happy with the result as he just seemed to have strong pressure on me for most of the game.  So, I was looking at different ways to push back, and it seems the main thing I've come up with is to play 6.e5 myself.  I've looked at it this last week and feel this is a decent answer and I will try it if he does the same time the next time I'm white.

No comments:

Post a Comment